Marie Wednesday, 26 September 2007

What a crazy weekend we had around here. Which is one reason it’s taken me so long to get around to posting about it ….. that and the fact that I tried to blog this three times last night but our bloody useless Sky Broadband was Sooooo slow that it was taking forever and I had to give it up as a lost cause!

Ewan turned one on Saturday (Can you believe how quickly this year has gone??) and was Christened on Sunday – so he’s been a busy little monkey recently.

The christening was a lovely day, Ewan spent most of the time in the church shouting “Hiya” at people, but he was mostly good. The highlight of the day for him was discovering the communion gong on the Alter and being allowed to spend 5 minutes whacking it. Definitely a rock and roll drummer in the making that kid ;)

It was lovely to see all our friends from further a field. I know some of you are probably reading this (aren’t you Denise?? ;)) - we should DEFINITLEY get together again sooner rather than later.

I’ll leave you with some photos of Ewan on his big day, and one of me (which doesn’t happen very often) with the lovely Lou who came all the way from Leeds to not speak in church and have a few glasses of vino (both of which she managed without any problems ;)).

Ewan Getting Dunked.

getting a dunking


Suited and Booted (with some Garlic Bread…. It’s the future ;))

suited and booted


Me and that Looby-Lou

Me and Lou


Ewan and Xander Billy Jim

Ewan and Billy Jim


Emily and Grace – “I think you’ll find we’re best friends, actually!”

Grace and Emily



Thanks to Lou (because she took these photos, seeing as I was too busy running around like a headless chicken to even think about cracking out the camera.

I still can’t believe my little boy is one! Really not a baby anymore. Ah well, onwards and upwards.

TTFN

3 comments:

Jaime said...

your dress is gorgeous!! thought it was just a top when i saw the pic of the 2 of you on Lou's blog. but it's even prettier as a dress!! :)

Lou said...

Was a great day Marie, thanks for having us! And yes, I think Ewan definately has the makings of a rockstar! can he get me a backstage pass?!

kim & co. said...

Love the pics of all of you! You are right, we don't see many pictures of you :)

And Happy Birthday, Ewan.